[squeak-dev] Re: Interesting news re Dolphin ST

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Fri Sep 26 14:13:06 UTC 2008

Hi!,

Diversity of bussiness models is granted by nature.
All bussiness models are granted to coexist.
The reduction of medium/small bussiness space in the last decade
 (canivalization made by big companies and free-workers
 reducing the small-bussiness space) can revert in the
 next years (I hope :-)
Now, we can see some actors reacting to current
 idealized/abstracted/reduced world.
To make the products of our work free is not the
 best way to hide sub-emploiment. (no offense)

> You managers (and wanna-be managers) step forward,
> any ideas for how the
> larger part of Smalltalk community could benefit?

Diverse options to make bussiness is important
 to managers to select the best model for each
 production context.
IMO, Smalltalk community do not need to be promoted,
 it is a concecuence or our shared activities (it is not
 an object :).

cheers,
Ale.