[squeak-dev] binary development (was: 3.11 and the trunk)

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:15:34 UTC 2009

We're bumping up against the homoiconicity of the system, aren't we? That
code is really just a kind of data. Has anyone ever done a diff tool for
whole images, not just source methods? It would be fantabulous if I didn't
have to write an installer script for my package, instead having the
necessary objects brought over directly.
Seems like the mother of all problems is: moving things around that way
between images of different formats. Would some future descendant of
SystemTracer perhaps be of use?

 - Ron