[squeak-dev] Re: Alternatives to SMTPClient?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 4 17:05:02 UTC 2009

Göran Krampe wrote:
> You could harvest my fixes for those things on mantis. :) I fixed both
> the auth stuff and some other things.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The encodeString: issue was news to me.
Two question about correctness though:

1) Doesn't 2821 specify that a client SHOULD send EHLO first and only
when declined, try HELO? Your fix seems to assume that the client knows
that the server is going to understand EHLO.

2) Isn't the domain included in HELO/EHLO supposed to be the server's
domain? You're using NetNameResolver localHostName which (in my
understanding of the RFC) would only be correct when connecting to
localhost.

Cheers,
   - Andreas