[squeak-dev] ditching Monticello objects.

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Feb 12 15:29:07 UTC 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 15:52 , Keith Hodges wrote:

> Adrian Lienhard wrote:

>>> I give up, I really do, is this candid camera?
>>>
>>> We have endless discussions on squeak-dev about how difficult it
>>> is to
>>> clean up an image, we discuss,  suggest and implement conventions,
>>> solve the problem, that of implementing #freeSomeSpace on classes
>>> that
>>> can non-destructively clean things up and #cleanUp on classes that
>>> can
>>> destructively tidy themselves up before a release.
>>
>> I think that's a good idea. I just don't expect someone else to do
>> it.
>> So don't expect me to do it. Maybe at some point I will get round to
>> it, but at the moment I have higher priority items on my list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> BTW, where is this implementation you mentioned? I cannot find it in
>> 3.10 and on the website I somehow can't find a download for a recent
>> 3.11 image.
> It was part of the Kernel-Extensions package, and now it is in.

I was not aware of this Mantis task.

You say "it is in", but in where? I downloaded the latest image from
the web page (3.10.2-7179-basic), but there are no implementors of
#freeSomeSpace. Again, what do I miss? I guess, I somehow have to
build this image, right? How are others supposed to reuse if there is
not even a prebuilt image linked on the website ready to look into
what you did?

Adrian