[squeak-dev] wiki?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jan 23 21:48:20 UTC 2009

Bonjour Raymond,

Raymond Asselin pravi:

>> If you are not in hurry, we are just preparing the Aida/Scribo beta2,
>> with non-Smalltalk end-user friendliness as first priority. This will be
>> (as the current beta1 already is) a one-click image, running out of the
>> the box.
>
>  When this will be ready?

I hope in a week or so. We made a decision to go beta, just time is yet
an issue.

>> Scribo Wiki has also a rich text editor to be user friendly even more.
>> But you can work with usual Wiki syntax as well.

>> As you probably know, Scribo also runs the Squeak website, so even in
>> beta it is already a  technology proven in practice.
>>
>> Persistency is currently image based, with auto-snapshot every hour.

> I hope you don't keep each image... :)

No need :) But it is recommended to do a nightly backup, so in case you
just don't have a luck with some image, you can restore one day old one.

FYI, the XML based persistency is on the way. SIXX based is already
ready for testing, but we'd like even better, more human readable and
Smalltalk independent content storage, so that it will be easily
transferable to some other CMS. To minimize "vendor" lock therefore :)

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web