[squeak-dev] A license in method/comment stamps

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:28:55 UTC 2009

Hello list,

on a recent SOB meeting someone recalled the idea of adding a
'license' field to method stamps.
I proposed this maybe a year ago, but at that time, it was seem to
have a short life period, because of upcoming Spoon release, which
contains a full method history and supports a much better organized
method history/author/license tracking.

In our current state, when we have a /trunk , we need, however some
kind of assurance that all submissions going to trunk is
license-clean.
So, it is like that proposed change gives us a quick & fast recipe how
to assure that.

Please review  the mantis entry: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6993

And lets discuss openly, the pros and cons of this change.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.