[squeak-dev] Re: MVC scheduling broken in trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Nov 1 05:27:14 UTC 2009

David T. Lewis wrote:
> Something is out of whack with MVC control scheduling in Squeak trunk.
> I am guessing that it may be something related to some earlier process
> scheduling changes, but I can't spot what is going wrong. Here are a couple
> of scenarios that illustrate the problem. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction to find the cause?

I think the problem comes from a debugger issue, specifically Debugger
class>>openOn:context:label:contents:fullView: where it says:

	WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [
		"..."
	].
	process suspend.

Since there is no drain for the deferred ui message and the process is
suspended no debugger gets opened.

Cheers,
    - Andreas