[squeak-dev] Controlling Arduino with Squeak Etoys

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:18:12 UTC 2009

Hi folks!
I've just wanted to show you the new stuff we've been working on for the
past few weeks: an Etoy to interact with an Arduino board to control
electronic components.

In case you don't know what an Arduino is, you can check out this website:
http://www.arduino.cc/. In summary, Arduino is a great hardware
platform intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested
in creating interactive objects or environments. And now we can control it
with Squeak Etoys!

It's not ready yet, but I hope we'll make it available sometime this week.
If you're a robotic enthusiast I know you'll find this interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_IYlDbBlEs

Check out our blog for more information: http://www.tecnodacta.com.ar/gira

Have fun!