[squeak-dev] Re: About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 05:09:50 UTC 2010

I'm really happy about this. Some things were broken in the unloaded image (world menu items that depended on missing pieces) but other things were more exigent at the time, and the long time to unload discouraged me from testing much in the unloaded image.

Speaking of which, does it make sense to break the tests up into a group that's still relevant to the unloaded image? If it does, and we do that, I wouldn't mind  running the unload and then running the tests the next time I put up an updated image; I can put up one full image as well as its unloaded counterpart. Perhaps that would stir more interest in hacking on the core image.

I suppose that might not work, though: seems like committing from an unloaded image would probably cause methods to be removed. Drat.