[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jan 22 07:17:40 UTC 2010

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:
> El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 07:23 +0100, Michael Haupt escribió:
>> Hi Miguel,
>>
>> Am 22.01.2010 um 07:10 schrieb Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.co
>> m>:
>>> To me this is a community of four (or 14 adding the next 10 most
>>> frequent commiters).
>> isn't that definition of "community" a bit narrow?
>
> Well the trunk was create to allow the community to easily and readily
> to contribute to the code in squeak isn't?

Yes, but absolute numbers are no measure for that. You'll have to
compare the number of commits over some period of time to make a
relevant comparison. For example, you could compare it to the number of
change sets that have been posted on Mantis for a given period of time.

> But whatever, my point is that 4 people account for 80% of the changes
> made to the trunk image since it was born.

80% of the *commits*, not 80% of the *changes*. Number of commits is no
adequate measure for the impact of changes. You're leaving out (for
example) Juan's work (text editors, fonts), Eliot's work (closures,
debugger), and Igor's work (method trailers etc).

Cheers,
   - Andreas