Ok, I made the release! Hooray!!! Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Squeak 4.0] The Eagle Has Landed: Squeak 4.0 is Released

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:03:23 UTC 2010

On 3/16/10 8:30 AM, "Göran Krampe" <goran at krampe.se> wrote:

> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0

Squeak4.0-basic <http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0/Squeak4.0-basic.zip>

We have any not basic for 4.0?
Clarify, please.

> For 3.10.1 the release team abandoned the policy of issuing updates
> by modifying a repository of core packages and reverted to the old
> style of simple changesets in the update stream.  As a result of
> this the Monticello Browser shows that some of the packages have
> been modified in the local image but not saved to the repository.

False.
If we go to simple changesets , I would not have had to pull my hair for 18
months

Could use simple changesets for 4.1 ?
At less until the Closures enter to the system , then take the current trunk
policy until.... .
When 4.1 ends ?

O maybe I should wait until people speak with his vote ?

Edgar