[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 10:25:23 UTC 2011

On 4/10/11 3:35 AM, "Balázs Kósi" <rebmekop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep. I think Edgar, you are a bit lighthearted with overrides. Luckily
> I think, we can get rid of them:

As I write in the comments, take as slow dirty beginning.
Sure all need review and improve, but at less we have Monticello Browser
into SimpleMorphic , right ?

>  - One set of these overrides occur in MCTool ui building. MCTool uses
> ToolBuilder sometimes, sometimes not. If we would use ToolBuilder
> everytime, this problem would go away. Nicolas has a simple change in
> the inbox, which fixes this (Monticello-nice.404). IMO we should adopt
> it.

Updating a fresh Squeak4.3-11157.image go to Squeak4.3-11224.image
This have Monticello-cmm.454 and no Monticello-nice.404 in the history.
I merge by hand, see if could improve code and still works....

>  - The other is ProgressInitiationException >> defaultMorphicAction.
> It's sent by said class' defaultAction:
>
> defaultAction
>        Smalltalk isMorphic
>                ifTrue: [self defaultMorphicAction]
>                ifFalse: [self defaultMVCAction].
>
> Edgar added isSimpleMorphic to PasteUpMorphs, and branched on it in
> defaultMorphicAction. I think we should go in the opposite way and
> replace isMorphic sends with dispatching on UIManager default or
> Project current. What do you think?

I think the future is SimpleMorphic and wish get rid of LegacyMorphic as
soon as possible.

> Balázs

Edgar