[squeak-dev] Re: Error: Instances of StrikeFont are not indexable

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Jan 31 03:02:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to fix this?  The suspect we have at this point
>> is LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged, which loads a Japanese file from...
>> somewhere which I can't tell, except there seems to be a problem with
>> the ReferenceStream that causes it to try to, when constructing a
>> StrikeFont, try to set beyond its 19th instance-variable..
>>
>> Perhaps the class-structure changed, and/or the 'ja' file needs updating?
>
> StrikeFont changed. Nicolas removed the 20th variable (charIndex), because it
> was unused. See
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-December/156220.html

I uploaded Tests-ul.114 which fixes LocaleTest >> #testIsFontAvailable.
Since it was an expected failure it wasn't easy to find out that it got
totally broken.
To make the test pass you have to add the charIndex variable back to
StrikeFont, otherwise the sar file won't load.
The other option is to fix the sar file...

Levente