[squeak-dev] Re: Fork Proposal: Cuis & Killer Apps.
craig at netjam.org
Sun Feb 19 11:51:52 UTC 2012
> I hope some day we could build some like this (better) with Spoon
> I want a .image which could do Morphic and also could do web.
> I want to take Squeak or Pharo and with some Spoon magic tell what to
> do for build some arbitrary thing.
Yes, that would go like this:
- Start up a blank Spoon history memory.
- Start up an arbitrary Smalltalk memory (Squeak, Pharo,
VisualWorks, VAST, GNU, Dolphin, whatever). Let's call it the
- Load minimal support for Naiad (Spoon's module system) into the
control memory, using the dialect's packaging system (e.g.,
Monticello, Store, Envy).
- From the control memory, make a Naiad connection to the history
memory and request an installation of the rest of the Naiad
- Checkpoint the activation state of all the methods in the control
- Run the unit tests for the arbitrary thing in the control memory
that you want to keep.
- Dissolve everything else and snapshot.
+31 6 2757 7177
+ 1 415 287 3547
More information about the Squeak-dev