[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board minutes – 02/21/12
smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:16:41 UTC 2012
Attending: Chris Muller, Bert Freudenberg, Levente Uzonyi, Jecel Assumpacao Jr., Chris Cunnington, Craig Latta (guest)
- Colin posted a list of ideas on the SOB mailing list outlining loose plans for OmniBrowser, Filesystem as a replacement for FileDirectory, Environments/namespaces and their uses for modularity, an extensible core image and the tools required, using Mason with Jenkins to build images
- Craig Latta joined the meeting as a guest to talk about Spoon. He will be releasing a new history image soon
- Jecel will not be running for the SOB again to concentrate on his Smalltalk fork called (provisionally) NeoSmalltalk. It allows several images to run on a single vm and work in concert
- All these conversations, on way or another, related to the use of namespaces as a tool to create modularity
- Chris M. and Chris C. are both going to STIC/Smalltalk Directions next month. Chris M. is presenting.
- Chris C. will have a Jenkins app on his server after Smalltalk Directions to create an image foundry, an R&D gallery. The intent is to create a companion to the Community Driven Development Model with its get-it-right-the-first-time, "live to tape" process of image development.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev