[squeak-dev] can this be done via modification to the Squeak/Pharo IDE?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Mar 1 00:03:58 UTC 2012

On 2/29/12 4:14 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
[...]
> For the original question: "can this be done via modification to the
> Squeak/Pharo IDE?".  Even though some Squeak tools, and Etoys, do
> possesses the potential to be the basis of such dynamic environment,
> if the word "this" in the question really means what he actually does,
> the answer would be different.  What he actually does takes absolute
> attention to any detail and the ability of explaining things clearly,
> and uber-programming ability combined in one person.

All of those attributes and abilities can be improved with practice, of
course, and they enhance each other: the uber-programmer knows what he
wants to do and creates tools to do it, which also happens to enable the
uber-presenter to make a more clear presentation.

However, we can't all be uber-presenters  AND uber-programmers, so
having the right tools available will enable people with lesser talents
to accomplish related goals.

L.