[squeak-dev] LocaleTest>>testLocaleChanged failure

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:58:39 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 19:42, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> LocaleTest>>testLocaleChanged is a test that checks to ensure that the value
> of the #useFormsInPaintBox changes when the locale changes from 'en' to 'ja'.
> This preference does not currently exist in Squeak trunk, so I am assuming that
> it refers to something Etoys related that may be incomplete in Squeak trunk.
>
> If this is correct, then I am inclined to mark #testLocaleChanged as an expected
> failure, with a comment to explain the above.
>
> Can anyone shed further light on this?

I agree with your analysis (but didn't know where the preference came
from). I think we can restore testLocaleChanged by choosing a
preference that's set one way in 'en' and a different way in 'ja'. I
got lost in a maze of twisty dictionaries, all alike, trying to find
such a preference. I'd hoped the last time I mentioned this test that
someone would be able to point out such a preference.

frank