[squeak-dev] Spoon 3 beta 2 released

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Oct 19 20:34:28 UTC 2012

Hi all--

     I've released Spoon 3 beta 2, see [1]. This is an important one,
because it's the first one that opens a remote browser onto a small
headless memory automatically. With this one it's pretty easy to browse
around.

     So now there's a memory with development tools in it, and a small
memory which takes the place of the old changes file (by remembering
changes in an object database). Next, I’ll set up a third memory, a
minimal environment which can the basis of a full Smalltalk distribution
(e.g., Squeak 5). I’ll write instructions for creating unit tests for
each package in our communities, and imprinting the code run by those
tests into the minimal memory, thereby creating a module. We can work
toward releases where all the packages anyone might want to load are
served by some online history memory, with package metadata searchable
with Google[2].

     thanks!

-C

[1] http://tinyurl.com/9pw4gjc (wordpress.com)