[squeak-dev] Browser searching suggestion

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri May 24 22:39:43 UTC 2013

Tim, I assume you're using the new list-filtering feature I put in
last year?  Just give any list of classes, categories, methods, etc.
focus and then start typing.  Is there something that could be done to
improve that function that would satisfy you?

Also, have you considered setting the "alternativeBrowseIt"
preference?  Thanks to that preference, I haven't needed "find
class..." in a decade.

Whereever I'm typing or, sometimes even in the Annotation pane, I'll
type a partial-match name of any class, press Command+B and the system
quickly(?) presents a list of matching classes (substring matching).
Even better, I'm now browsing the *code* model rather than the package
model, which is a much rarer need.

HTH.