[squeak-dev] Re: understanding remote image viewing options

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 18:58:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

fwiw I use Squeak on a remote server with only ssh and 8888 open.

I tunnel TightVNC through Putty to the RFB client.

Using ZRLE and 256 colours this is barely usable for administrative
tasks through a GPRS connection in a rural area with many users sharing
the GPRS bandwidth.

Through a UMTS connection it's just fine except for the uglyness and
through DSL its fine in full colour.

According to top Squeak generates around 5% CPU load in these cases.

Cheers

Herbert