[squeak-dev] How do I convince a Workspace to stop "helping" me?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 10 17:28:29 UTC 2014

On 10-04-2014, at 10:13 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hey, thanks Chris for the reminder.
>
> That gives me back the most used good things without the annoyances.

The enclose shortcuts have been in the system since, ooh, perhaps 1980? The important thing is that they don’t intrude, unlike automagically (and oh-so-often wrongly) adding close braces etc. It would be just fine to provide magic-key-( capability that added the close ) and put the cursor back in between them. Just don’t do it without being asked.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Spero nos familiares mansuros. = I hope we'll still be friends.