[squeak-dev] mouseOverForKeyboardFocus default for 4.5

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jan 23 23:19:00 UTC 2014

On 23.01.2014, at 23:27, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
>     great news that there's proper support for focus in Morphic.  I think we at Cadence will want to port the code to our application quite quickly.  How can I find out what the changes are so as to isolate them and port them to our Newspeak/Newsqueak fork?

Not sure if that's tongue-in-cheek?

The current default behavior is that within the active window, the panel with the mouse has the focus. But at least if you move the mouse out of the window, the focus still stays with the last panel.

The *proper* support you're looking for would not even have move-to-focus in the window, but only change focus by clicking. I don't think we have that, by preference or otherwise.

- Bert -