[squeak-dev] Too much MC stuff left in image

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:25:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 14.11.2014, at 18:20, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> would make re-instating the full version hierarchy an explicit action rather than a side effect, but we had that discussion already).
>>
>> But then what should happen when the system got to the end of the ancestry and reached the Proxy?
>
> There wouldn't be any proxies. You should simply get an error. Plus possibly a button to "fetch all version history".

Okay, let me phrase my question another way:  When you lop-off the
ancestry, what are you going to replace it with?  You can't just put
nil there because it'll treat that as the end of the ancestry.

You're gonna need SOME kind of, ahem....  "Placeholder" object so the
system will know how to react..