[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Sorting Unicode strings (Re: [Unicode] collation sequences (Re: Unicode Support))

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Wed Dec 9 08:44:03 UTC 2015

On 08-12-15 22:35, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> What I meant is that you can't _always_ use the code point for
> collation, i.e., sorting based on the value of code points is not always
> correct[1].

I have given up on universal sorting when I learned that dutch libraries
sorting of author names depends on the country of origin of the author.
So if Jan van Beek is dutch he will be sorted under B, while if he's
belgian under V. I haven't checked what happens if the author emigrates,
or changes nationality...

Stephan