[squeak-dev] Metacello load error

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:41:30 UTC 2015

> On 19 Mar 2015, at 11:41, squeak-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org wrote:
>
> Max,
>
> Where are you getting that package from?

The Fuel configuration does #ensureMetacello which then seems to get the latest ConfigurationOfMetacello.

> I just checked and the version available from GemSource[1] loads
> (unzips) in both GemStone/GsDevKit and Pharo3.0...it's almost certain
> that the Metacello and that package has been tested against Squeak4.5
> and a couple of earlier versions as I've just run a test against the
> latest Metacello up on Travis .. I am not testing against Squeak4.6 ...
> yet ... but I have been testing regularly against the Squeak-Trunk and
> those tests passed today[3][4]

I’m not sure from which repository the file comes.

> So perhaps the problem with the mcz file is in how Squeak 4.6 unzips things?

That’s what I thought at first but the same file behaves the same way in 4.5 (invalid zip).

You should be able to reproduce the problem with this script:

"load development"
[ (Smalltalk at: #Gofer) new
	url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Fuel/main';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfFuel';
	load.
 (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) loadBleedingEdge ] on: Error do: [
	((Smalltalk at: #Installer) monticello http: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Fuel/')
		project: 'main';
		package: 'ConfigurationOfFuel';
		install.
		(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) loadBleedingEdge ].

I’ve attached the file, just in case.

Cheers,
Max