[squeak-dev] Metacello load error

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 19 14:20:22 UTC 2015

Max,

Before I go about trying to install Squeak on my machine, could you
provide me with more details about the environment that you are running in?

I'm not seeing any issues with my travis builds nor has anyone else run
into this issue... So I'm suspicious that the root cause is going to be
something unique to your working environment. I haven't run Squeak
myself in months:) and I rely on Travis .... So I have to find and
download all the bits and pieces to install Squeak in my environment in
the hopes that when I execute your expression I will see the same
corruption as you are seeing (I don't have a great batting average in
this regards) ...

It certainly appears that ConfigurationOfMetacello-dkh.800.mcz is not
corrupted up on smalltalkhub or gemsource (the two repos accessed during
bootstrapping)... which also leads me to believe that the root cause is
in your setup ...

Your package has been truncated it should be 128999 bytes and your copy
is 53989 ... perhaps your copy of the package is corrupted in the
package-cache?

The next most likely culprit is the vm ... which brings me back to why I
asked the question at the top of the email ... if you give me the
details about your setup - vm version is probably the most important,
since I get the impression that there a lot of them running around and
the version you have depends upon when you downloaded yours... but it
would help if you told me where you got your images and changes files as
well ... oh and the os version, too...

Dale