[squeak-dev] "Stirrup" needs your help

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:47:23 UTC 2015

>> Eliot decided he wants to codename 4.6 "Stirrup" and 5.0 "Spur".
>>
>> We are just a few steps from releasing we just need some volunteer(s)
>> help.
>>
>> You know, if we could coordinate and change the Jenkins build to
>> produce the actual release image we want, along with new .sources and
>> .changes, and possibly even an All-In-One, maybe that's a release
>> process we could really like..?
>

> That's exactly what the ReleaseSqueakTrunk job should be doing.
> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/

Yes, "should".  If it would do all those things then we'd basically be
ready to "release" any day we ever wanted with nothing more than a FTP
upload, website update, and a news release.

Unfortunately, it just produces a 4.5 trunk image, not a 4.6 release
image, and it doesn't make new .changes, nor new .sources, and no new
All-In-One (or does it?).

What would it take to get us there?