[squeak-dev] indent/outdent text when cmd-tab is intercepted by window manager

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Feb 21 01:08:38 UTC 2016

> On 19-02-2016, at 10:17 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> its just Tab.  No command key.

OK, yes that works.

Now to update the command-key help text…

So cmd-shift-l & r are changed, tab & shift-tab explanation added. Easy enough.

It was more than a bit tricky to find out what now happens with cmd-shift—l&r do since we appear to have two competing ways that is defined -
a) there is PasteUpMorph>defaultDesktopCommandKeyTriplets which seems to set a fairly large list of commands in a property of a PasteUp
b) *and* there is PasteUpMorph>handleListenEvent: which deals with some of the same keys and I think does at least do the same things with them.
Surely both should work from the same hymn-sheet for consistency?

Also cmd-shift-s is currently stated to ‘Search’. So far as I can see it actually does nothing at all to do with searching but rather does a pretty-print of the source in the browser. Oh, and breaks if you’re not in a browser since, for example, a TranscriptStream dNU: #selectedClassOrMetaClass in TextEditor>prettyPrint:

Cmd-f does however do a search but pre-fills the dialogue with text. Now I can see value in pre-filling with the current selection but using the entire text when there is no selection? Now that is just silly.

tim
Java:  the best argument for Smalltalk since C++