[squeak-dev] Implementing algorithms on polygons

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sat Jun 11 17:25:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Ralph Boland <rpboland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some algorithms on polygons I would like to implement.
> When  implemented I will release my implementations as Squeak
> or Pharo packages under an open souce licence (Mit?)

MIT license is typical for both Squeak and Pharo.

> What does Squeak/Pharo have to offer in terms of a GUI for this?

For the drawing part, you would use Morphic on both.  For the UI
around the drawing, Pharo has Spec on top of Morphic and also Glamour
for building interfaces like the System Browser.

btw, Pharo questions are better asked in pharo-users mail list.

> It would also be helpful if the package already had an implementation
> of an algorithm for triangulating polygons.
>
> An implementation of an algorithms for constructing Voronoi diagrams
> of a point set would also be useful.

A couple of threads I remember...
http://forum.world.st/Voronoi-diagram-td4728327.html
http://forum.world.st/ANN-Voronyj-Diagram-td4770066.html

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 1:23 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Squeak has PolygonMorph.
> I'm not sure if that is still in Pharo .

It does.

cheers -ben