[squeak-dev] How do I debug the debugger?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue May 31 20:58:10 UTC 2016

Hi Jakob.

I just got into ToolBuilder and that is where the problem is.

Debugger >>buildFullWith:

I am able to make the windows that should be there jump and twitch

by not adding some windows to the pluggableWindowSpec components.

I will poke around pluggableWindowSpec now.

thx.

.

---- On Tue, 31 May 2016 16:40:51 -0400 Jakob Reschke<jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de> wrote ----

You could start by putting a breakpoint in Debugger
class>>morphicOpenOn:context:label:contents:fullView: or
ToolBuilder>>openDebugger:label:

Also save your image before you start your debugging attempt. The last
time I tried to debug the Debugger, stepping out of the original
context or, in general, pressing the wrong button at the wrong time
gave me countless more debuggers or froze the image. However, if you
only navigate through the ToolBuilder code, you might be better off.