[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:56:23 UTC 2018

Hi Leon,

> On Aug 14, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Leon Matthes <leon.matthes at student.hpi.de> wrote

[snip]

> Just one more question:
> I'm new to committing to the Inbox, if I change the code to not use
> allInstances, what would be the best procedure to upload the changes to the
> Inbox?
> Should I just commit as usual, which would create a completely new thread in
> the forum, or is there some way to upload the changes to the existing thread
> apart from just linking to an upload of the .mcz?

That’s a good point.  It might be nice if mail readers could thread across closely related subjects, but we can’t expect that they will :-).  As far as committing you have no choice; you have to start from your original commit or a merge with another version of the same package.  But if you want to join the two threads you can always use some hack such as responding to the new thread with a message that contains a link to the old thread in the mail archive.