[squeak-dev] what's the plan for Etoys in trunk?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:21:25 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
> I kinda think the latest merger with EToys was not perfect, and the package
> took over some methods already present in the image.

Not only methods but in some cases, entire classes.  This has led me
to remove some of those code elements from their original standalone
package, since they now exist in the "Etoys" package in trunk.  But
now I'm second-guessing that.  Even if we _could_ unload Etoys, it'd
leave those external packages now broken and incomplete.

Some guidance from the Etoys team would be immensely helpful.  It's
feeling impossible to move forward on the 5.2 release...