[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cbc.1450.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:39:44 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:49 PM, <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> Chris Cunningham uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-cbc.1450.mcz

> Name: Morphic-cbc.1450
> Author: cbc
> Time: 12 June 2018, 9:49:08.273851 pm
> UUID: 85dec3fe-462d-7242-bdb4-797746d320a0
> Ancestors: Morphic-dtl.1449
>
> Recategorized rotationCenter and referencePosition (and setter versions)
> to more a more appropriate category.
> rotationCenter is the relative position of the referencePosition point
> within the morph.  They are related - and should live together.
> Also, moved base Morph versions of these out of EToys to be with the others

<snip>
Apparently there are other methods directly related to these (such as
#referencePositionInWorld) that need to be moved out of EToys as well - and
re-categorized.  Eventually I'll track those down - winding down for the
night.

In a related effort, I tried to track down a way to validate what these
methods DO (not yet being an EToys user).
If you open a new morph in Squeak
  Morph new openInWorld
and then bring up the halo, grab the bottom left blue swirly handle, you
can see the morph rotates around it's center.
At this point, it should also show the #rotationCenter in the middle
(little yellow circle with an arrow)

You can shift-drag it around to change the rotationCenter (and
referencePosition), which you can verify changes by debugging>exploring the
morph.
However, after changing the rotationCenter, the morph still rotates around
the center of the morph, and not around the #rotationCenter.  That is kind
of annoying.  (Although I haven't ever tried this before today - still, it
would be nice if all the pieces worked together.)

-cbc