[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 02:58:47 UTC 2019

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:37 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:
>
>> Well after trying to look into the sources delivered from the code.google page with no luck I found the SqueakSource repository version. That seems to have loaded ok but references a class XMLString that I have had no success in finding and is of course Undeclared. Anyone know where it can be found?
>
> That's why Xtreams should be loaded via Metacello, so that all dependencies are loaded along with it.
> Metacello will load monty's version of XML-Parser, which contains the XMLString class (which is still not backwards compatible, so if you need XML for anything else, then you'll have to write a new actor to generate html, but the parser will still be fine as-is).
> Here's how to do that:
>
> 1. Install Metacello from the Docking Bar's Tools menu's Metacello entry

At the risk of being a petty, corrector kind of guy, and because I just tried this out, it’s the Do menu and Installer ensureRecentMetacello. I think I recall a some what long debate about adding this. It’s clearly quite valuable.

Evaluate this first:

Installer ss
       project: 'MetacelloRepository';
       install: 'ConfigurationOfXtreams’.

And then this:

> 2. Evaluate (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfXtreams) project bleedingEdge load

Or it will complain it has no knowledge of a ConfigurationOfXtreams.

I’m pleased to see that PEGWikiGenerator. Sean did a great thing there, because it’s a nice concrete example without having to fish around in VW. There are two other actor subclasses but the are sort of recursive and trippy. Parsers making parsers making parsers and so on.

Chris

Anthrax - Got The Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7iNHw8QoQ