[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.1018.mcz

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Thu Dec 10 22:55:09 UTC 2020

 > Would it make sense to show that (fabricated) index at all? It is a
 > set...

      Right, I guess I'm just used to that. I suppose it could mislead a
newcomer into thinking the collection under inspection is indexable.
It's useful, though, when you're scrolling around the field list of a
collection, to temporarily remember the fabricated indices of some
elements of interest.

      For a set with the first element being the character with value
65, I guess I'd like to see "1: $A" in the field list and "Character
value: 65" in the value pane. I want the contents of the value pane to
be something I can evaluate (and, especially, "debug it"), and which
presents on sight a meaningful class to browse.

      thanks for asking!

-C

--
Craig Latta :: research computer scientist
Black Page Digital :: Berkeley, California