[squeak-dev] for the morphic team...is a "caps locks is on" indicator doable?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Dec 11 20:27:40 UTC 2020

Thank you! I will give it a go tomorrow!

---- On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 05:34:30 -0500 Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de wrote ----

Hi there.

This should work:

| capsLockFilter |
capsLockFilter := PluggableEventFilter on: [:keyboardEvent |
    (keyboardEvent isKeystroke
        and: [keyboardEvent keyCharacter isUppercase
        and: [keyboardEvent shiftPressed not]])
            ifTrue: [self inform: 'CAPS LOCK ON'].
    keyboardEvent].
self currentHand addKeyboardCaptureFilter: capsLockFilter.

Be sure to find a safe place for that capsLockFilter so that it won't be
garbage collected. :-) Maybe that "inform:" is too noisy for you. I don't
know.

Best,
Marcel

Squeak - Dev mailing list wrote