[squeak-dev] FileList improvements (was Re: A big thank you to whoever made the tree in FileList display in alphabetical order)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 01:38:24 UTC 2020

Please don't take this personally, I'd really like to see an option to turn
it off.  I *really miss* the plain, blazing-fast text box which let me
begin typing immediately, let me cut and paste fully-qualified names, and
literally, was a 10X faster workflow for the operations that now involve
being forced to navigate a tree, click-by-click, intermixed with scrolling
and visually scanning with my tired, bloodshot eyes.  Operations like
"image save as..." or "add repository..." went from < 1 second with no
disruption in thought, to > 10 seconds for it to put up the big dialog I
don't want to see at all because it almost always leaves me at... "umm..
what was I doing..?"

 - Chris