[squeak-dev] [ANN] ModifierKeysMorph & WebClientOAuth2 (Zinc-SSO port)

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Thu Jun 11 05:20:04 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I've uploaded a couple of Squeaky items to GitHub.

1)

First, a Morph designed to show the current status of the modifier
keys, in the docking bar or otherwise:

https://github.com/tcj/ModifierKeysMorph

Included in that repo is both a FileTree repo and a simple .st fileout
for doing a filein.  Pretty basic, should work for anybody (?).

It might be nice to add to SqueakMap — I've never done that and would
be fine with being coached if anybody's up for it.

Aside: how nice is it to be able to create a complete menu bar item
from scratch in just a few hours after work?  In fact, it took almost
as long just to write this email.  Squeak for the win.

2)

Second, a rudimentary hack-and-slash I made last year of Zinc-SSO so
it would use WebClient instead of Zinc:

https://github.com/tcj/WebClientOAuth2

It is designed for use with Seaside ... but maybe could be decoupled
from Seaside too?

A lot of the code is just duplicated from Zinc-SSO, except that code
which calls WebClient and/or WebUtils.  But it's also slightly less
complex than Zinc-SSO because I only left in the bits that support
Google's OAuth2.

I don't know if it could be useful to anyone in its current state, but
I did use it in another project and it was working without issues.  I
may have broken something when I extracted it for release here.

Cheers,
a Tim