[squeak-dev] SSL/Socket error code interpretation

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue May 19 17:01:42 UTC 2020

> On 19.05.2020, at 01:45, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> Follow up info just for the record - my sysadmin was able to correctly (re)install the certificate so we now get an 'A' report from ssllabs.com and the cURL etc checks all work. Thanks for the suggestions!

Cool!

> As an aside, Squeak 5.3-19435 running on the 20200429xxxxx ARMv6linux VM still fails the SSL test, but I think we established that the certificate included in the image for testing is a bit out of date?

It is. But it already was when Andreas poured its contents into the imageā€¦
so it may be on purpose?

What's the remedy?
A long-term self-singed cert? This is only marginally better to test whether certificate checking works and no better to test whether TLS-encryption works :)

Best regards
	-Tobias