[squeak-dev] RawBitsArray

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:51:04 UTC 2020

Hi Subbu,
I should not have redefined bytesPerElement, because most of the time,
super will behave as intended.
We could redefine a slotsPerElement, defaulting to 1, and redefined in
exceptional cases (like a double complex array would consume 2 slots of 8
bytes per element).
Concerning case of 10 or 12 bits per element, would you store them in
compact form (all bits concatenated without padding), or rather with
appropriate padding (in which case we would use a DoubleBytesArray)?