[squeak-dev] smalltalkCI is broken for Trunk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 5 21:43:09 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 02:18:21PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 06:49:28PM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > thanks for the tip :-) How is the list of versions computed? Seems to be rather empty in my image. Only 483 and 482 are connected.
>
> It is done in MCConfigurationExtended, see #contentsOn:keyPrefix: to see
> how it is saved. It basically just acts like a list of prior configurations,
> saved in such a way that it is backward compatible with the original
> MCConfiguration storage format. Test coverage is in MCConfigurationTest,
> see category 'tests - extended format'.
>
> This was added to trunk a while back, but only recently installed on
> the source.squeak.org server. You may be the first person to have
> done such an update there.

Actually now that I think about it, I have a copy of the update-nice.469
map as of 09-Aug-2020 saved in the version history of update.V3-dtl.469
over in the update stream for www.squeaksource.com/TrunkUpdateStreamV3.

Attaching update.V3-dtl.469.mcm for reference, along with
update-nice.469-saved-in-an-MCM-version.png to show an explorer on the history.

With that in mind, it is easy to edit the update.V3-dtl.469.mcm file to
recreate the original update-nice.469.mcm as it was in August. The edited
file is attached as update-nice.469.mcm.

Dave