[squeak-dev] something with Monticello's package-cache I don't understand.

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:38:09 UTC 2022

Hi All,

    I just updated an image that had been lying dormant for a few months.
There were several package versions on a branch I didn't have in my
package-cache.  As I like my package-cacher to contain all intermediate
versions I opened the repository browser and started selecting all the
versions I was missing. As I selected each the package browser reported
"downloading xxx" as expected.  However, when I did an lds of my
package-cache directory for the branched package nothing showed up.  So I
again selected each version, again got the "downloading report", again
didn't see the version show up in my package-cache until I used the Browse
button to open a package browser on the version.  Only then did the package
version show up in the ls of t6he directory.  I don't understand this at
all.  What's going on?

best, Eliot