[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-tpr.1155.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 16 09:54:52 UTC 2022

> I pondered that and concluded that removing them from the main body was the wrong thing to do; if user is scrolling down the list it is wrong to not find a class in its usual place.

Exactly. And with the italic emphasis the user clearly notices what is "recently browsed" and what is not. Let's not be too clever here.

Best,
Marcel
Am 16.06.2022 11:23:04 schrieb christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Tim,

> > But do the recent classes need to appear twice in the list?
>
> I pondered that and concluded that removing them from the main body was the wrong thing to do; if user is scrolling down the list it is wrong to not find a class in its usual place.

That makes sense, thanks!

Hm ... Now I am wondering whether we can remove the old "back..." menu completely, and maybe map cmd+b to cmd+m. Reasoning: Many menus in Squeak already tend to be overloaded, and there is little sense for having the same functionality twice. What do you think? :-)

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk [https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/squeak-inbox-talk]