[squeak-dev] Traits use to provide class protocol in a browser?

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Wed Oct 12 12:08:42 UTC 2022

Ack!! Crazy Ivan! My apologies for derailing from here! Good Lord have merci!

———

If we’re planning on having concrete subclasses for GalaxyReplicatedServiceAggregator(3 concreteServices), ConcreteServices and ServiceERef, all with the same interface, different implementations overridden, would this make sense to use a Trait?

I’m thinking no, especially if our concreteService *is* the serviceERef.

One more step, then, if the ServiceERef had a collection of concreteERefs populated, it’s in aggregator state/mode electing the POC concreteServiceERef in selectedService state/mode, no concreteERefs present, single mode. But both nodes can be of a host generated ServiceERef class with methods implemented to use the stateMachine to act as an aggregator or a selectedService state:mode, which does a proper forwarding send. Abstract class stuff, for sure.

My observation being we remain of the view no trait needed, just the ConcreteServiceERef
Class needs to be published. Tak.

—
Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,
rabbit
. .. … ‘…^,^
🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

<𝙃𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙏𝙖𝙜: #𝙎𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙀𝙖𝙯𝙮𝙎𝙦𝙒𝙖𝙮𝙎𝙦𝙒𝙚𝙎𝙦𝙒𝙖𝙡𝙡>
———-
#SqueakEazy “(…𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚…)”
- - - - - -
“ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩”
<#𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐄𝐚𝐳𝐲𝗜𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗜𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗜𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗜𝗶𝗻𝗴>
“𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀”
<#𝑫𝒊𝒆𝑨𝒏𝒇𝒖̈𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒓𝗞𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘀 .  ..   ….   ‘…^,^>
<#𝑫𝒊𝒆𝑨𝒏𝒇𝒖̈𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒓𝗞𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘀 .  ..   ….   ‘…^,^>
<#𝑫𝒊𝒆𝑨𝒏𝒇𝒖̈𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒓𝗞𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘀 .  ..   ….   ‘…^,^>
—————

𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚’𝙨 𝙒𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜?
^,^

—————

𝙎𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙚
:: 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

—————