[squeak-dev] Text editor menu simplified

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:31:27 UTC 2023

Am Mi., 25. Jan. 2023 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de>:

> Hi
>

> > On 25. Jan 2023, at 15:58, Stephen Travis Pope <
> stephen at heaveneverywhere.com> wrote:
> >

> > Obviously, my text editor menu proposal is the extreme case, and we are
> free to adopt a compromise, such as putting cut/copy/paste and
> doIt/printIt/inspectIt in the top-level menu.
> >
> > My reasoning was that a menu with 27 items at the top level (starting
> with fonts and projects) needed to rearranged.
>
> No objection to this goal :D

+1, especially with regards to the "fonts and projects" remark. ;-)

I too would like the cut/copy/paste/do/debug/inspect/explore to remain at
the top level, possibly also find/replace/undo/redo. Actually I would also
prefer senders/implementors/references at the top level, at least in
CodeHolders and related models.

But style, project links, copy as html, show bytecodes... not so much.
Button for it, tally and spy could also be stashed in a submenu in
my opinion.