[Squeak-e] What happened to our Swiki?

Dan Moniz dnm at pobox.com
Mon Apr 14 21:28:10 CEST 2003

At 04:56 AM 4/15/2003 +0200, Cees de Groot wrote:

Hey Cees,

Off-topic, I'm a bit curious about what my PGP 8 installation is
consistently telling me about your emails. Any ideas?

>*** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
>*** Alert:    Signature did not verify. Message has been altered.
>*** Alert:    Please verify signer's key before trusting signature.
>*** Signer:   Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> (0xE0989E8B)
>*** Signed:   4/14/2003 7:56:13 PM
>*** Verified: 4/14/2003 8:21:06 PM
>*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

[snip]

>Apart from that, the idea is to keep ahead in the 'arms race' of undoing
>malicious changes faster than they can apply them. Wiki vandals are so
>dumb, they will not use tools. So my five-second edit I just made
>probably countered a one-hour 'hacking' spree of a 5-year old - so I won
>;-).

Just an idea, but perhaps edits to pages can be tagged with a unique
identifier tied to the HTTP session along with a simple rollback mechanism.
If you find extensive (or not) Wiki graffiti (wikifiti?), just rollback to
a previous version without those edits. Wiki or Swiki may already have
something like this, for all I know, but it eliminates passwords and keeps
things open. This is arguably feature creep, and is also subject to feature
creep (keeping track of deltas, asynchronous rollback for legit edits made
during a vandal attack, two-phase commits, transactions, oh my!), but I
thought I'd throw it out there.

--
Dan Moniz <dnm at pobox.com> [http://www.pobox.com/~dnm/]