[SqueakDBX] Re: [Pharo-project] PharoCasts with experts

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:07:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM, laurent laffont <
> laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Actually I'm training remotely a developer on Pharo using Skype and
>> TeamViewer. This guy records all sessions for its own purpose and I like the
>> idea.
>>
>> For PharoCasts I would like to record 30mn to 1 hour sessions (as I know
>> you don't have time) with an expert who shows us real code, explaining a
>> framework / programming style / pattern while programming some examples (in
>> the spirit of PharoCasts, and may be
>> http://forum.world.st/Screencast-proposition-Watch-someone-read-code-td3244804.html).
>>
>> Right now I'm thinking about:
>> - Mariano on DBXTalk
>>

> Hi Laurent. I will be happy to do one, but I won't have time until 2 weeks.
> But after that, I will try.

Cool !

> I have NO IDEA how to do an screencast, but I can try.

You speak & code, I ask & record :)

We can start with:
- what SqueakDBX is ?
- how can I load it and make it works
- do some basic select / update / insert requests and explore results
- the cool stuff you like

Let's do a first one, we'll improve later.

Laurent.

I cc'ed the SqueakDBX mailing list since I am all ears to hear what people