[Squeakfoundation]Squeakfoundation Status?

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:11:34 -0500

> cg@cdegroot.com wrote:
>
> marcus@ira.uka.de said:
> > I'm wondering: What's happening with SqueakFoundation?
> > So: What's the current status?
>
> I can only speak for myself, but I'm waiting a bit to see what comes from
> SqC's side -  with the move away from Disney, they probably have other things
> on their mind than SqF. In the meantime, of course, SqF is hosting mailing
> lists, wiki's, and we're about to launch a central Squeak Modules site. So
> work is actually being done, it's just the politics that have taken a step
> back :-)

(I meant to respond to this earlier)

The "Harvesters" have also recently organized as a Squeak Foundation project, to coordinate reviewing fixes and enhancements, submitted from the community, for inclusion into the base image.

See the SqF page at http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/45

The Harvesters being a SqF project mostly just means that it is recognized by Squeak Central and the SqF (Cees de Groot) as the group in charge of harvesting.  It's a purely volunteer effort.

(At this point, I think it's fair to say that Cees is the de facto person in charge of the Squeak Foundation, given the work that he's done with setting up the mailing lists, wikis, domain name, etc.)

- Doug Way
  dway@riskmetrics.com