[Squeakfoundation]Nudge, nudge!

Dwight Hughes squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 12:53:06 -0500

At 01:41 AM 05/11/2001, Andreas Rabb wrote:
>And reporting about progress will help avoid the Stable Squeak mistake
>of being some mystical secret society where (except from a few initiated)
>nobody knows what's going on.

I think there is also a general perception on the Squeak List that
SqF==StableSqueak. A number of people are less than supportive of this,
seeing StableSqueak as an evil fork that seeks to nail Squeak down to the
pink plane of development (and to generally drag down the whole process of
Squeak evolving into something new). It certainly doesn't help that very
few have any idea of what it actually is and even less of an idea about its
purpose relative to SqC Squeak.

For myself, I would be quite hostile if I saw SqF heading in any direction
that would divert the main thrust of Squeak development away from the blue
plane.

-- Dwight