[Squeakfoundation]Nudge, nudge!

Tim Rowledge squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:03:55 -0700

Dwight Hughes <dwighth@ipa.net> is widely believed to have written:

> At 01:41 AM 05/11/2001, Andreas Rabb wrote:
> >And reporting about progress will help avoid the Stable Squeak mistake
> >of being some mystical secret society where (except from a few initiated)
> >nobody knows what's going on.
>
> I think there is also a general perception on the Squeak List that
> SqF==StableSqueak.
Then we should stomp on that asap. I was going to point to the
foundation webpage to illustrate by referring to the statement of
purpose, but it isn't there - the webpage I mean! Cees, perhaps you
could do a little page with a summary of things 'decided' so far on it?

> For myself, I would be quite hostile if I saw SqF heading in any direction
> that would divert the main thrust of Squeak development away from the blue
> plane.
I think we've agreed that the key job is to encourage and support _all_
efforts relating to squeak, whether they be tedious money grubber
oriented pink plane stuff or soaring delights of blue. It should all be
in the archives I think.

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Strange OpCodes: APX: Apply Power and eXplode